Supplying that power is a Stiga 7050 engine; a super-efficient four-stroke air-cooled motor that develops a whopping 8.7hp from a displacement of only 352cc; and which, thanks to its electric key starter, is quick and easy to get going.
Stiga’s OHV engine-technology ensures you’ll enjoy low fuel-costs, smooth, low-vibration operation and a marked reduction in nasty exhaust-emissions.
The Stiga Tornado 2098 is a dual-function machine capable of either side-discharging or mulching.
In side-discharge mode – which is ideal for overgrown orchard- and meadow-grass – clippings are laid-out in neat rows to the machine’s right, where they’ll wilt away; while in mulching-mode – which is perfect for well-maintained formal lawns – they’re held under the deck and shredded, before being forced at speed into the turf, providing it with natural organic fertiliser as they quickly rot down.
Designed with careful attention to ergonomics, the Stiga Tornado 2098 Lawn Tractor combines an ideally positioned height-of-cut control lever with an adjustable high-back seat, a raised soft-grip steering-wheel and push-button blade engagement.
It has a six-speed manual gearbox (five forward; one reverse), so there’s a suitable ground-speed for every situation; and it’s fitted with a pivoting front axle that ensures a consistent finish on rolling ground.
The large (457mm), wide-profile drive-tyres on the Stiga Tornado 2098 offer the perfect balance between high-grip traction and surface gentleness.
A hosepipe fixture-point means you’ll have no trouble getting rid of corrosive, performance-limiting debris from the underside of the deck; while twin anti-scalp gauge-wheels work to stop turf-marking when manoeuvring on inclines.
Further stand-out features include a cup-holder for on-hand refreshment; twin headlights for safe poor-light mowing; and safety contact-breaker that prevents start-up when the driver’s seat is vacant.
This 98cm machine will prove highly productive over areas up to 8000m2.
- A mulch- and side-discharge capable tractor – ideal if you don’t want to bag grass
- At home on both long-grass areas and well-maintained lawns
- Manual gearbox provides an ideal forward-speed for a variety of conditions
- High-performance Stiga engine with an emission-cutting and fuel-saving OHV design
- Straightforward electric key starter
- Multi-position height-of-cut adjustment – adapt to the grass-length
- Deck-wash facility makes the removal of clumped clippings simple
- Comfortable light-touch steering and ergonomic high-back seat
- Contact-breaker on the driver’s seat for optimum user-safety
- Large-diameter drive-wheels will prove gentle on delicate surfaces
- Capacious fuel-tank for long, uninterrupted runs
- Twin headlights for safe mowing in low-light conditions
- Cup holder – keep your refreshment of choice directly to hand
- Roomy storage compartment